Information provided to Zippy’s
Zippy’s may collect personal identification information about you in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when you visit Zippy’s restaurants, use our App or Site, and otherwise interact with Zippy’s (collectively, “services”). Zippy’s will collect personal identification information from you only if you voluntarily submit such information to it. You may be asked. You may be asked to provide your name, email address, mailing address, phone number. You can always refuse to supply your personal identification information, except that it may prevent you from engaging in certain activities or receiving certain promotional incentives from Zippy’s.
Zippy’s may combine the information you provide to it with information collected through automated methods, and with information received from other sources.
Information collected through automated methods
Zippy’s may collect non-personal identification information about you whenever you interact with our App or Site. Non-personal identification information may include your browser name, your type of computer and technical information about your means of connection to our App or Site, such as the operating system and your Internet service provider and other similar information. Our App, Site, and in-restaurant technology may collect information about the exact location of your mobile device or computer using geolocation and technology such as GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or cell tower proximity. For most mobile devices and computer systems, collection of this type can be disabled by changing the device or web-browser settings. For questions regarding preventing the collection of information of this type, you should contact your mobile-device service provider, device manufacturer, or web-browser provider.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Zippy’s may collect and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To run and operate our App and Site – We may need your information to display content on App and Site correctly.
- To improve customer service – Information you provide helps Zippy’s respond to customer service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- To personalize user experience – Zippy’s may use customer information in the aggregate to understand how its customers as a group use the services and resources provided on our App and Site.
- To improve our App and Site – We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- To process payments – We will use the information you provide about yourself when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- To run a promotion, contest, survey or other feature on our App or Site – To send you information you agree to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
- To manage product reviews and ratings – Zippy’s may use third party service providers to help manage product reviews and ratings left by customers.
- To send periodic emails – Zippy’s may use your email address to send customer information and updates pertaining to your order. It may also be used to respond to your inquiries, questions, and/or other requests.
How we protect your information
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our App and Site.
We use encryption technology to allow you to conduct transactions with us without the worry of theft of your credit card information during the transaction. Sensitive and private data exchange between you and Zippy’s happens over a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Our Site is also in compliance with PCI vulnerability standards in order to create as secure of an environment as possible for Users. We cannot guarantee the security of the Internet, however. The issuer of your credit card may offer specific guarantees or limits to any potential loss you may suffer from use of your credit card over the Internet.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users’ personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding Users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business, App, or Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Restriction on use by minors
Our App and Site is not directed to minors under 16 years of age, and minors under 16 years of age shall not use our App or Site or any of the services offered on them to submit personal identification information about themselves.
You may receive communications from Zippy’s relating to promotions or special offers run by Zippy’s, or for one of our affiliates. In such case, you may elect to opt-out of receiving such communications by selecting the “Unsubscribe” option detailed on each communication or message you receive from us. You may also contact us via the contact information provided below to request to be removed from our mailing list.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using our App and Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our App or Site. Your continued use of the App or Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
When you access our website, a connection is established with CookieFirst’s server to give us the possibility to obtain valid consent from you to the use of certain cookies. CookieFirst then stores a cookie in your browser in order to be able to activate only those cookies to which you have consented and to properly document this. The data processed is stored until the predefined storage period expires or you request to delete the data. Certain mandatory legal storage periods may apply notwithstanding the aforementioned.
Data processing agreement
We have concluded a data processing agreement with CookieFirst. This is a contract required by data protection law, which ensures that data of our website visitors is only processed in accordance with our instructions and in compliance with the GDPR.
Server log files
Our website and CookieFirst automatically collect and store information in so-called server log files, which your browser automatically transmits to us. The following data is collected:
- Your consent status or the withdrawal of consent
- Your anonymised IP address
- Information about your Browser
- Information about your Device
- The date and time you have visited our website
- The webpage url where you saved or updated your consent preferences
- The approximate location of the user that saved their consent preference
- A universally unique identifier (UUID) of the website visitor that clicked the cookie banner
1765 South King Street
Honolulu, Hawaii 96826
This document was last updated on March 1, 2022